Announcement for Joint Research Proposals
- Joint research
- Announcement for Joint research Proposals
The Research Institute for Applied Mechanics (RIAM)
Announcement for Joint Research Proposals at the Joint Usage /
Research Centers for Applied Mechanics for 2020
Thank you for submitting applications for Joint research in RIAM, 2020.
The Research Institute for Applied Mechanics (RIAM) was reorganized to promote “theoretical and applied studies in dynamics” as a nationwide joint-use institute in 1997. On April 2010, RIAM was declared a Joint Usage / Research Center for Applied Mechanics in Japan, and in April 2016 RIAM was approved for the lasting activities. Joint research is one of the most important research activities for RIAM and is being promoted through close coordination with other research activities in RIAM.
The Joint research program in RIAM was restructured into the three research fields of “Earth Environment Dynamics”, “Nuclear Fusion Dynamics” and “Renewable Energy Dynamics” in 2010. It started with applicant-proposed joint research activities; “Standard Joint Research”, and “Designated Joint Research” was established in 2003 as RIAM-promoted joint research activities. And “International Joint Research” was established in 2011 to promote international joint research activities by foreign registered delegates. And “Early Carrier Joint Research” have been established in 2016 for researchers for part–time position or students on doctoral course. “Trans-division Type” was added in “Designated Joint Research”, and 2 themes are offered in 2019. As for nuclear fusion dynamics, the subjects for Joint Usage / Research are focused on plasma physics and fundamental material science, not combined with the bilateral collaborations of nuclear fusion research.
Each application will be reviewed by a Board for Joint Research at the Joint Usage / Research Centers for Applied Mechanics. It should be noted that the deadline for all applications is January 15 2020. Please refer to the following sections for further details on submitting applications.
The accepted applicant is required to submit a research report and clear acknowledgment for the joint research project in RIAM.
- 1-1. Designated Joint Research
- 1-2. International Joint Research
- 1-3. Early Career Joint Research
- 1-4. Standard Joint Research
- 1-5. Research Workshops
- 2-1. Designated Joint Research (Trans-division Type)
- 2-2. Earth Environment Dynamics
- 2-3. Nuclear Fusion Dynamics
- 2-4. Renewable Energy Dynamics
- 3-1. Requirements
- 3-2. Application Forms
- 3-3. Deadline and Address for Submissions
- 3-4. Selection and Notification
- 3-5. Contacts
- 4-1. Expenses
- 4-2. Reports on Research Activities
- 4-3. Deadline and Submission of Research Reports
- 4-4. Publication of Research Results
- 5-1. Earth Environment Dynamics
- 5-2. Nuclear Fusion Dynamics
- 5-3. Renewable Energy Dynamics
- 5-4. Mutual Equipment